WordPress 3.5.2 is now available – it was released on June 21st. Version 3.5.2 is a security release for all previous versions. Small businesses with websites and blogs built with WordPress are strongly encouraged to update their sites immediately. If you are on one of our managed website programs, we have already apply this update for you.
This latest release fixes 12 bugs (details here). The WordPress security team also resolved seven security issues:
- Blocking server-side request forgery attacks, which could potentially enable an attacker to gain access to a site.
- Disallow contributors from improperly publishing posts or reassigning the post’s authorship.
- An update to the SWFUpload external library to fix cross-site scripting vulnerabilities.
- Prevention of a denial of service (DOS) attacks, affecting sites using password-protected posts.
- An update to an external TinyMCE library to fix a cross-site scripting vulnerability.
- Multiple fixes for cross-site scripting.
- Avoid disclosing a full file path when a upload fails.
This release also contains some additional security hardening.
You can download WordPress 3.5.2 or update now from the Dashboard → Updates menu in your site’s admin area. Always make a backup of your website before upgrading WordPress or any of your plugins.