Marketing automation is a hot topic right now. Automation can deliver tremendous benefits to your bottom line, but if we have learned anything over the years from CRM projects, we know it’s not just about the software.
Here are 10 questions that you should consider before you start your search for a marketing automation solution:
- What are you hoping Marketing Automation will help you achieve?
- Do you know what success will look like?
- Do you have people in your organization with the capabilities and time to implement marketing automation? If not, are you willing to pay a consultant?
- Will you be automating current campaigns(email, mobile, direct mail, etc.), or will you be trying to design campaigns and implement technology at the same time?
- What level of tracking do you need or expect to have?
- Do you need to integrate with a CRM system or other software tools?
- Do you need lead scoring? Not everyone does.
- Have you established a criteria for determining sales ready leads?
- How much automation do you need?
- Do you have buy-in from the sales department or role? Even though it’s called “marketing automation”, buy in from sales is critical to success.
Those of you with experience with marketing automation – what tips would you add to this list?
Bill Brelsford Small Business Marketing Consultant